We (KGC Engineering) collect
- Information that relates to and can identify you (eg. name, address, email telephone and where relevant organisation).
- Anonymous information about your computer and about your website visit but which does not identify you personally.
We collect personal information from you when you:
- Send us an email directly or when using our contact form.
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Provide contact details at shows and events.
Whenever we collect information about you personally, it is only done with your knowledge and consent and you have the right to ask us to stop using this information, for example by unsubscribing to an email newsletter by following a link
We also collect anonymous information from visitors to our website using analytics tools. These files cannot identity you personally, but can be used by us to, for example:
- Measure how many people are using our services, the relevance of our web content and other performance-related data
Google Analytics This is a web analytics tool provided by Google that enables us to evaluate how users (anonymously) use our site, which of our communications campaigns are working and which parts of the site need improvement. You can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics.
If you are not happy for cookies to be set on your device you can:
- Discontinue use of the site
- Delete the cookies following your visit
- Browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (Incognito in Chrome, InPrivate for Internet Explorer, Private Browsing in Firefox, Safari, etc.)
You can find out more about cookies and how to manage them at www.allaboutcookies.org
How we use your information
If you have subscribed to any of our services we will use the information you have provided us to keep you updated unless you tell us otherwise.
We may also contact you with information about our products and services that we think you may be interested in.
We will also use your personal details if you have indicated that you wish to be informed of news, events and services either when attending an event, or signing up to a newsletter. You can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
Anonymous information about the way people use our website can be aggregated into statistics that show us how our websites are used and help us improve the user experience of the services we provide.
How we protect your information
We maintain appropriate technical and operational measures to safeguard your personal data. The servers containing your personal data are located in secure data centre locations where access is limited to authorised staff.
The personal data which KGC Engineering holds is never modified or disclosed to any third party other than as described in this policy. We never sell, rent or trade your personal data.
We will remove your personal data from our systems as soon as you instruct us to do so.
Access to your information
You have the right to ask us:
- To remove all the personal data that we hold about you. Please be aware that this may result in us being unable to provide services to you.
- To give you a description of the personal data that we hold for you
- To tell you why we are holding it
- To tell you who it could be disclosed to
- To let you have a copy of your personal data
- To require us to correct any mistakes
- To remove you from any of our mailing lists.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to make use of these rights.